Police in Quebec City have arrested a man over a stabbing rampage that left two people dead and five others injured near the provincial legislature on Halloween night.
They say a man in his mid-20s has been arrested in connection with the Halloween attacks and taken to a hospital.
Police had earlier warned residents to remain indoors as they hunted for a man dressed in medieval clothing and armed with a bladed weapon who had left “multiple victims”.
Spokesman Etienne Doyon said police were first notified of the stabbings near the National Assembly shortly before 10.30pm Saturday.
The five injured victims were taken to a hospital, and a spokeswoman said their lives did not appear to be in danger.
Police asked area residents to remain indoors as their investigation was ongoing. There was no word on a possible motive for the attacks.
This is is a developing story – please check back for updates.
source https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/01/man-in-medieval-clothing-leaves-multiple-victims-in-quebec-city-stabbing-attack

0 تعليقات